DRINKING BUDDIES

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Little Bit on the Green Side.

So my wife's birthday was on Saturday (she turned 22 for the third year running...), and while at the restaurant, I had noticed a cocktail that kinda caught my eye called a Gator Bite.  Being in Louisiana, everything here has a theme.... including the Zydeco and Gris Gris pizzas on the menu...

But anyway, it listed that it was made from 7-up, melon liqueur, and coconut rum.  It also listed that it was $7 a drink SO later that night, I went home to try and proportion it out into a drinkable mix.  Here's the results:

3-4oz - 7up (or lemon-lime soda of your choice)
2oz - Cruzan Coconut Rum
1oz - Midori Melon Liqueur

I found the best method is to pour the Midori in first over a glass of crushed ice,  then add the rum and 7up simultaneously.  This allows it to be combined yet slightly layered for an interesting feel.

It really is a simple cocktail, but definitely worth a taste or two (but maybe not worth seven bucks....)

Good drinking!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome drink recipes man. Ever try talking about some history of drinks. That seems to impress the classy ladies XD. Like highballs and sidecars

    http://quarterqwerty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow me back mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. anything with midori and im in. nice blog

    http://wordofdodd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice recipes, definately follow this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coconut rum, and any lemon limey flavored soda as well. This sounds terrific. I got a buddy whos a bartender I'll deff ask him to make this!

    Much love and $upport headed your way broham!
    bookmarkmeplz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete