DRINKING BUDDIES

Friday, February 18, 2011

Ghost Adventures and Party Time!

So my good friend Sharon down over at Ghost Hunting Theories asked me to come up with a set of good cocktails in shot form for her Friday Night drinking game, based around the SyFy show, Ghost Adventures.
Naturally, a supernatural name would be in effect, but i think we can take it to another level.  Now of course you can make these cocktails with regular liquors in the Call and Well levels if you'd like, but if I'm doing shots, I want some BEYOND premium stuff.  So here it goes.

Ghostbuster Shot
1½oz Carolan's Irish Cream
1½oz Tia Maria Coffee Liqueur
1½ oz Frozen Ghost Vodka

First off I have to say that Frozen Ghost vodka is some pretty insane stuff.  The tagline "The Supernatural Super-Premium..."  could not be more accurate.  It has a haunting dark taste of blackberries and cucumber, but otherwise completely tasteless and smooth like vodka should be.  Definitely a spirit with a spirit in it.
It's origins come from a Canadian farmer who owned territorial rights to a spring that flowed with the cleanest and sweetest water in the land.  A jealous neighbor murdered the farmer, leaving his corpse freeze in the water.  The neighbor confessed due to the ghost haunting him over several weeks and now that same murderous spring is the source for this wonderful drink!

Now for the cocktail.  Most people layer this drink, but if you are going to shoot it, just shake it all up in a big amount and shove it in the freezer until you're ready to pour.  Also, straight shots of Frozen Ghost wouldn't be that bad of an idea either!

Ectoplasm
1½oz Frozen Ghost vodka
½oz Midori Melon Liqueur
splash, Pineapple juice

This is a lot like the drink to follow, but the incremental portions really take an interesting turn as far as the flavor goes.  Not to mention the color itself is a paranormal sight!

Zombie Juice
1 Part Midori Melon Liqueur
1 Part Bacardi Coco Rum (or Bacardi's new Rock Coconut!)
1 Part Bacardi Gold
1 Part Pineapple Juice
Cherry, for garnish

The next drink I thought of was the Zombie.  but everyone and their grandmother has drank a Zombie cocktail before.  Why not something different.  Originally created by Jessica Rojas of the Octopus bar in Hollywood, FL this cocktail is a nice simple twist on the famous Caribou Lou.  It's simple, sweet, and it will get you drunk.  Best thing you could ask for when doing shots all night long.  And it certainly is full of fun flavors!  Shake everything pretty well and cold, and drop a stemless cherry into each shot glass!

Hope you enjoy!
Bon Boire!

10 comments:

  1. I'm gonna be drinking ectoplasms all night. I have all the ingredients but the right vodka, but I know they sell it at my local liquor store!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do the ectoplasm! Yummers!!! Thanks so much, buddy. I knew you'd find the right drinks for this special episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound good, excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find. I need a bottle of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wall-bangers and table-rappers. Should be quite a night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bad feeling about what is going to happen on Tuesday at the bar when I ask for one of these.
    I am going to feel worse when I show them a print out.
    I'll probably feel EVEN WORSE after they laugh at me.

    But I need to try one of these, and the almighty dollar shall be my ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ghost Hunters is the worst show... absolutely nothing happens in every episode... the drinks should make it watchable

    ReplyDelete